- Using an integral return spring in the actuating mechanisms allows the use of a pull pull cable assembly.
- In general, a more flexible conduit and cable construction will allow for tighter routings and smaller bend radii.
- Because of the frictional forces between the cable and the conduit, a smooth cable construction such as 1×19 is most beneficial.
- Depending upon load consideration cable stretch, both constructional and elastic, could be a factor. Constructional stretch can be removed; elastic stretch can be calculated.
- Remember that the amount of cable travel will be dependent upon the total number of bends in the system as well as the difference between cable outside diameter and conduit inside diameter. This is known as lost motion in the cable assembly.
- CMA has a large number of plastic molded and steel swaged conduit end fittings to simplify your mating construction design. Custom molded conduit end fittings can also be considered.
- The alignment of the cable as it exits the conduit to the final attachment point must be as straight as possible.